FACT: What AUTISM parents want YOU to know.
- Not all autism is the same.
- Just because you know one child with autism doesn’t mean you know every child with autism.
- Please accept our kids the way that you assume we will accept yours.
- For onlookers who think I am not addressing my child’s odd behaviors or tantrums: I ask for a little empathy. Don’t judge. Try to understand that his environment affects him/her greatly.
- Kids with special needs are smart. Talented. Creative, and thoughtful. It may not be obvious all the time, but their minds work differently.
- Children with autism are not deaf. They can hear you. Eye contact can be extremely uncomfortable for them.
Baby Arianna melts my heart. She looks so comfy in her BLUE.